What’s 2021 Sony Google TV?
- Get together movies, shows, live TV, and more from across your apps and subscriptions.
- Discover new things to watch with recommendations based on your viewing history and subscriptions.
- Use Google Assistant to find movies and shows, answer questions, control smart home devices, and more.
- Download Google TV app to watch anywhere, anytime.
- To use the full functionality of the TV, creating or logging in to a Google Account is needed.
- Google Assistant is not available in some languages and countries.
Set up Google TV:
Select Set up Google TV at the initial setup screen and complete the network settings and Google Account settings.
- Content from various apps is displayed throughout the For you* tab.
- Content purchased or rented on your Google Account can be accessed directly on the Library tab.
- Content added to your watchlist will also appear in your library. You can even add to your watchlist from your smartphone while you are out and have the content waiting in your library when you return home.
Search content and apps with your voice:
Speak to the microphone on the TV remote control while pressing the Google Assistant or MIC button on the remote control.
Enjoy preinstalled apps:
In the Your apps section of the Home menu, you can view a list of all the installed apps by scrolling to the far right and selecting See all.
- Select your favourite apps which are organized by category in the Apps tab.
- If you want to install an app, you can search by voice by pressing the Google Assistant or MIC button on your remote control, or by using the on-screen keyboard.
- You can also use Search for apps which is located under the Apps tab on the Home menu.
Casting from mobile devices:
With Chromecast built-in, you can easily cast your movies, shows, photos, and more from your Android mobile or iOS device right to your TV.
With Apple AirPlay, you can stream movies, music, games, and photos to your television right from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
Access Google Assistant or voice search by pressing the Google Assistant or MIC button on the remote control.
With the Living Decor function, you can present on-screen artwork, set screensaver themes, or use your TV as a photo frame or clock.
You can set time notifications with sounds such as the On timer, Sleep timer, and Alarm. With the On timer, you can turn on the TV with your favourite channel or input.
The clock can be displayed on the TV screen all the time, or every hour.
Hands-free voice control (only TVs with built-in MIC):
To use the built-in MIC on the TV, the Built-in MIC switch needs to be ON, and the setting to use the built-in MIC feature has to be completed.
Linking with Smart Speaker:
By linking the TV with your smart speaker supported Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant, you can control the TV by voice. In order to use this function, select the TV Control with Smart Speakers app from Your apps, and sign-in to Sony’s Cloud Service for Home Entertainment & Sound Products by following the on-screen instructions to complete linking with your smart speaker.
For more information or help please do not hesitate to contact us at 7000 8111 or to leave your request on our online contact form.
Follow us on Facebook to stay up-to-date with all of our latest news!